Saturday, November 20, 2010

How often do u change your transmission fluid? I have a 1996 infiniti i30?

So I went to pep boys and they told me my transmission is bad and that it will eventually give out on me....I asked why is my transmission bad....and they said it was because I havent changed the fluid in a long while and that if u dont change the fluid the parts in the transmission will be damaged...I said well can i change the transmission fluid now and they said NO...changing the fluid will make it worse....is that true????How often do u change your transmission fluid? I have a 1996 infiniti i30?
Talk about an age old question, people have debated that forever. I have asked pros that for years and they all give me different answers. there are 2 schools of thought, on older vehicles Just drive til they stop pulling, on newer vehicles, 35 to 70 thousand miles. I was told not to change the fluid on my 89 Mercury Grand Marquis when it had 70,000 on it, the shop that I took it to even made me sign a waiver before they would service the transmission on it ! I recently had it changed again at 140,000 miles and it still going strong at 151,000 miles, so thankfully it worked out for me, thankfully!How often do u change your transmission fluid? I have a 1996 infiniti i30?
Its hard to tell %26lt;If you are haveing probs now id take it to ammco or such shop buy as a rule auto trans should have fluid changed and filterscreen cleaned around 50.000 miles