Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the transmission fluid in an 01 Commodore?

I have to change the transmission fluid. I don't have a car manual and while it's probably really simple, I just want to be a bit better informed. Could you give me a detailed description of where the cap is and whether or not you can drain it and how? Where is the drain-hole? How much fluid do they take? Cheers...How do I change the transmission fluid in an 01 Commodore?
I'll be honest, I dont know what a commodore is. Some Asian and European cars have drain plugs for the transmission, very few domestics do. Either way, my recomondation is to have a shop do a proper trans flush for around $100 which will replace all your trans fluid instead of the half of it that a drain %26amp; fill does.(half of it will not drain from the torque converter, shift selenoids, valve body etc.)