Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the transmission fluid in my lawn mower?

Its a Yard Machine by mtd and about 8 years old. It kind of makes a squealing noise when i try to go foward and back ( its a hydrostatic transmission) But it goes pretty fast still but I think it would be better if i could change the fluid, I didnt see a plug but there is a rubber hose that comes off the top of the transmission thats about a foot long with a cap on the end of it.How do I change the transmission fluid in my lawn mower?
Without knowing the manufacturer and model it is difficult to answer your question. Do you still have your owners manual? This will often give service information that might give guidance.

No owners manual. Try searching Yahoo with the manufacturer's name. Many have sites that include a manual you can download.



Hope this helps a little.