Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change the Transmission Fluid in a 1997 volkswagon GL myself?

There is no dipstick and i was wondering where do i pour the Fluid in at or how to do it???How do I change the Transmission Fluid in a 1997 volkswagon GL myself?
The transmisson is filled in the bottom. You need a special fill nozzle hooked to a gravity feed bottle. Also you need a factory scanner or VAG-COM to watch the temperature of the trans fluid. After you drain the fluid, you fill it until trans fluid dribbles out. When the temperature of the fluid is 35 C, it should be dribbling out the level set hole.How do I change the Transmission Fluid in a 1997 volkswagon GL myself?
Sam, don't do any work on this car. Take it to a shop that knows about this one.

Go threw the telephone book and check out shops, then price and see the shop and ask for references.How do I change the Transmission Fluid in a 1997 volkswagon GL myself?
Don't do it VW's are not Ford's or Toyota's that you can do whatever you want lol that car is delicate as an Audi o BMW, take it to the VW shop.