Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do I change the transmission fluid of my car?

I know how to change the engine oil on my car.

However, I don't know when I should change my transmission

fluid and HOW to change the transmission fluid.

My car is a toyota corolla.How do I change the transmission fluid of my car?
Take it to a lube center they can hook it up to a system that will flush out all the old fluid till it is clean it will flush all the old fluid out of the valve body and converter you can't do that by just draining the fluid out of the pan .How do I change the transmission fluid of my car?
U need only 2 change transmission fluid if the milage is high or the fluid is discoloured, ie a brown colour instead of red. Changing the fluid is the same as engine oil change, locate the plug on the gearbox, remove and drain fluid. Refill with the correct fluid via the gearbox dipstick hole, DO NOT OVER FILL, and ensure no dirt gets in2 the gearbox when refillingHow do I change the transmission fluid of my car?
A standard/manual transmission I would not concern myself with until 100k.An automatic has a change schedule in the manual.When you do change it get the gasket/filter kit from your supplier.Get the car lifted and blocked so it can not come down or roll on you. Then place a large pan under the pan. Loosen the pan bolts part way and loosen the pan allowing the fluid to drain.Take the pan off and completely clean away any remnants of the gasket.Do this to the transmission too.You will see the filter in the transmission.Sometimes they are pressure fitted or bolted

Remove filter and replace with new one.Sometimes there are O rings to replace too.Clean the pan and place some Silicone on it to hold/seal the gasket.Reverse the steps and add transmission fluid.I recommend getting a Chilton manual (library?) for your year/model of car to be certain this is done correctly.It is quite easy to do but the bolts have exact torque settings and most transmissions today are aluminum.
  • How do i make a quilt
  • viruses windows defender
  •