Saturday, November 20, 2010

How do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?

I have a holden VP commodore, there is no transmission fluid left in my car, i was just wondering what do i have to do change the fluid in my car as i cant find anywhere to add it.

thanksHow do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?
Jiffy LubeHow do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?
Umm i worked as a mechanic and not once had i ever had to add or change transmission fluid how could there possibly non be left??? how did you check that?How do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?
Well you have to find where you ad transmission fluid underneath your hood. If you can't find it I would bring it somewhere to have it done. It shouldn't cost more than 75bucksHow do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?
If its empty then you have a serious leak!



My guess is theres still some in there, its just to low to see on the dipstick, and that is where you fill it from, with a small funnel, add trans oil until just before the full mark.

then take it in and have it checked for leaks, trans oil is not cheap, and they hold around 7 litres.How do i change the transmission fluid in my holden VP commodore automatic?
To drain the fluid, remove the oil pan on the transmission (There's no drain plug), fit a new filter and replace the oil pan using a new gasket.



Refill through the dipstick tube (driver's side rear of engine) with the engine running in park up to the cold mark on the dipstick using Dexron III trans fluid. A small container with a tube on it is good for this or a funnel that will fit into the dipstick tube.



Drive the car for 2 or 3 kms and recheck level now the fluid is hot, with the engine running in park. Check for leaks, especially at the cooler pipes near the passenger side of the radiator (the clamps are always coming loose).