Thursday, September 22, 2011

On a 2003 mercedes e320 how can I remove the transmission fill tube that has a red plastic pin on the cover? ?

I'm trying to change the transmission fluid on my 2003 e320 by siphoning the fluid from the transmission fill tube with a Mityvac suction machine, but I can't open the cover of the fill tube. The cover has a red plastic pin attached on the side. Please advise as to how to remove this cover. ThanksOn a 2003 mercedes e320 how can I remove the transmission fill tube that has a red plastic pin on the cover? ?
stick a small flat head screw driver underneath the red square plastic part of the lock. pull the screw driver up and break off the red plastic tab. take the screw driver and push the rest of the broken rec lock part down all the way. pull of the black plastic cap. Make sure you pull out the little black o ring with it.On a 2003 mercedes e320 how can I remove the transmission fill tube that has a red plastic pin on the cover? ?
The red pin lock is designed to be a one-time use only pin. Break it and replace it when you're done. They're less than $1 and your Benz dealer will have lots of them in stock.