Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How to get the drain plug unscrewed fron transmission?

Its been 3 years since I got my maual transmission fluid changed so I went to have it done an they told me that thei plug on the bottom is so far screwed in that they cant get it out. Do I need to go back to the dealer who was the last place to do that service. (went to valvoline this time) what should I do? I have a 1998 nissan 200sxHow to get the drain plug unscrewed fron transmission?
What they mean is: they can't get it out without possibly damaging the transmission pan. Since they probably aren't a full service shop, they would not even be able to charge you for repair/replacement. They surely would not do this for free. This might sound a bit far-fetched, but, often a mechanic will over tighten a part requiring that you return for future service. You should take it back to the shop that touched it last and ensure that they take responsibility for any damaged parts. This should be done immediately so there is no %26quot;wiggle room%26quot; and no unnecessary or %26quot;excessive damage%26quot; (legal term for %26quot;your responsibility%26quot;).How to get the drain plug unscrewed fron transmission?
take it back to the dealer that did it last time.How to get the drain plug unscrewed fron transmission?
First I would have to ask, why are you changing your (manual) transmission fluid. I have a 1982 Chevy truck and though I will check it's level I have never changed it. You don't have to. Automatic trans are different in that they have a filter that can catch debris and their fluid can break down after time.

Now, What you will need to do with your plug that is mangled, is take to a good, trust worthy mechanic and have him drill a tap hole into it and use what is called an ease out to remove it and replace it with a new one. He will know what to do. He will re-thread the trans case to make sure the threads are not messed up and put the knew plug in and charge you @ $75.00 I would guess. And yes the Dealer would be a good place to start. They will probably have a new plug there or will be the best place to order it.