Thursday, September 22, 2011

How to check transmission fluid on Mercedes C320 2002?

I just had some work done on my 2002 Mercedes C320 and provided the mechanic with 8quarts of Mobile 1 Synthetic ATF. I'm trying to figure out how I can check to see if he actually changed the transmission fluid. I tried using a wire coat hanger, and also my friends' Xterra transmission dip stick and both provided a most blackish/brown/yellow-green fluid...I don't know if this is grundge from acquired on the way down, or if I am actually hitting the reservoir. Any ideas on how I can verify if it has been changed out or not? There is not a Mercedes dealer in my city, and Jiffy Lube doesn't have a dip-stick either...Thanks for the help!How to check transmission fluid on Mercedes C320 2002?
It seems like you are not checking the right thing. Are you checking the transmission or the engine oil? Neither of them have dipsticks on these cars. (idiotic)