Thursday, June 2, 2011

Transmission fluid change cost?

I have a 2007 Dodge charger 2.7 model with less then 49K. Not to long ago while waiting at a red light the car started to tremble a little bit and my check engine light turned on, I went to get a computer diagnostic from Auto zone and they showed the screen of the COMPUTER they use to do the diagnostic and it said the problem was the transmission fluid. Since then my check engine light has turned off but I would still like to have this problem fixed and I have also not felt the car tremble while waiting at a light. Can some one tell me about how much it would cost to have the transmission fluid change along with a filter if it requires one.



I dont have a problem changing my own Oil but for something like this I figure I would just let the pro檚 handle it.Transmission fluid change cost?
That trembling problem doesn't sound like a transmission issue to me but it's a good idea to have the transmission fluid and filter changed anyway due to the mileage.I would bring it to a transmission shop and have them run a free scan and get them to change the transmission fluid and filter it will cost about 100 bucks to get the fluid changed etc.Just be sure that you have them place the transmission module in the learning mode once the fluid and filter is changed on it and it takes awhile for the transmission to relearn too.





Hope that helps and best of luck.By the way to me it sounds like that vehicle needs a basic tune up it's due for one anyways.Transmission fluid change cost?
I'm going to say about 50-75 bucks. And I agree about not doing it yourself; if you bend the pan it you would have to change it.



I also wouldn't trust Auto Zone that it's the transmission fluid. Bring it to a qualified pro, tell them what they said, and let the pro look at it.